“precise and reliable, the orb freebird is my only choice when i want to ski something really steep without knowing what kind of snow awaits me, but also when i start my day on piste not knowing how it will end. they feel great on the way up – light on the feet, light on your back and on the way down they’re really stable on steep, icy snow and the rocker makes them very playful and manoeuvrable.”
with its new rocker profile the orb has increased pivotability and float making it even more manoeuvrable.
extended paulownia core
even lighter than before – now less than 3kg per pair in 178cm.
- moderate width: 91 mm waist.
- front rocker = pivot and float.
- medium classic camber = classic camber underfoot with moderate ski/snow contact = a good balance between stability and manoeuvrability.
- titanal reinforcement under the bindings = better hold.
- moderate flex = a tolerant and comfortable ski.
- plastic insert and cut-out on the tail = easier to put skins on.
- lighter core: 2.99kg per pair in 178 cm.
weight: 2990g/ pair @178
“A stunning all-rounder with an incredibly versatile shape and construction. Light enough top climb properly fast and with enough freeride DNA to let you attack the descents. Deservedly popular for several seasons.”