The one to rule them all
The new Triple 7 Queen 2 went through a total redesign compared to its successful predecessor. The goal was to bring another dimension of performance into the EN C class, and we feel certain that this ambitious goal has been reached. The Queen2 excels in many ways, by bringing not only the best performance in its class, but also by being a very well-mannered royal lady in the air. We think of the Queen 2 as a “mid-level” EN C glider which will fulfill and supersede the expectations of any pilots going big in this class.
Preserving the aspect ratio nearly unchanged compared to the predecessor, the Queen2 will inspire confidence in all the variable conditions which you may face during long XC flights.
“The Queen2 is built with one very specific objective in mind; to be the highest-performing EN C wing on the market today! But it wouldn’t be a Triple Seven design if it wasn’t also a true pleasure to fly, and a very easy wing in its class too – just like all our other high-performance models. We increased the number of cells, both to acquire a more sleek canopy shape and in order to build a more complex internal “space frame”. This new internal construction brings the torsion resistance of the wing to a level that makes it super solid above your head when needed. The new internal layout contributes significantly to the improved climbing ability, as well as the ability to convert bumps into energy during turbulent transitions.”
WHO IS THIS GLIDER FOR?
The Queen 2 is purpose-built to win Sport-class trophies in competitions all over the world. The Sports class is the new Serial class for pilots unwilling to accept the risk levels in Serial and Open class competitions, and for these pilots, as well as for pilots wanting to go on big XC adventures, the Queen 2 is nothing short of the perfect choice. In spite of the very high performance of this wing it is still a “solid” EN C wing with no surprises built in.
TECHNICAL DATA AND SIZES
|Number of cells||73||73||73||73|
|Projected area (m2)||20||21.4||22||22.9|
|Flat area (m2)||23.6||25.3||26||27|
|Projected span (m)||9.6||9.9||10||10.2|
|Flat span (m)||12.1||12.6||12.8||13|
|Projected Aspect Ratio||4.6||4.6||4.6||4.6|
|Flat aspect ratio||6.3||6.3||6.3||6.3|
|Glider weight (kg)||4.9||5.1||5.4||5.9|
|In-flight weight range (kg)||70-85||79-99||95-108||100-120|
- Performance-wise the Queen2 is a high-end EN/LTF-C glider
- BPI – Back Position Intake technology for spin and stall resistance and good stability at high speeds
- LDO Load Distribution Optimisation
- VDO Visual Design Optimisation
- STE Smooth Trailing Edge
- OCV Optimised Cross Vents
- From a passive-safety point of view it is however much more comparable to the mid-level wings in this class – no hidden surprises!
- Great stability and neutral behaviour in strong thermals, for ease of piloting
- Clean canopy with complex, refined sail tensions and elaborate internal construction
- Direct handling with precise, intuitive control
- Improved 3d shaping (ballooning) on the leading edge
- B/C steering system, for fast, efficient gliding
- EN / LTF C
- Glider QUEEN 2
- Inner bag
- Glider strap
- Repair kit
- Triple Seven T-shirt
“Looks like a front-runner in the performance for EnC …. “